Thursday, August 20, 2009

Do Make Say Think at the Polish Combatants Hall; Wednesday August 19, 2009

Do Make Say Think at the Polish Combatants Hall; Wednesday August 19, 2009


This is my one hundredth post!


Do Make Say Think are one of the finest bands out of Toronto. Their music is diverse and complex, something that is disitinct from any other indie act out of the city. Every member contributes a dynamic sound. Charles is the bass - busy, while upholding the back bone. Guitar - Ohad Benetrit and Justin Small, one not outweighing the other. But Benetrit is much better than Small.


Do Make's new album is coming out at the end of October, as anticipated they played a bunch of new tunes. Including then opening song - more aggressive and straight up. I felt by their song choice this show that their stand out album is 'Winter Hymn, Country Hymn, Secret Hymn'. Most of the tunes that were played were from that album.

I wrote the above note a very long time ago... The night o fthe show! I feel like the venue was a really nice size for them. I was a little disappoitned with the osund of the venue because the beautiful swells of their tunes were highly dimished in that venue. The light show absolutely killed me because it was one of the hardest things to watch. I love this band, and I love what they do but I hope that their music varies from their major swelling bridges. THere's somethijng abolsutley charming about their campfire pretty tunes like - "A Tender History in Rust" and "Chinatown".


1 comment:

  1. WOW, two years ago. Absolute garbage!

    Although, I can respond and say that 'Other Truths' definitely did not let me down.

    This show was glorious minus the horrible lighting and sound.

    ReplyDelete