Friday, January 29, 2010

Rocky Votolato is coming to Toronto!

I feel old. I saw Rocky Votolato six years ago, March 9, 2004 with the Get Up Kids and Recover. Two bands that I had the opportunity to see again after that gig.

What a line up. I barely knew any of the artists but I was smart enough to be at that show. I fell for Rocky Votolato after he played his last song - "Suicide Medicine". He fully won me over when I heard the line - "Looks like it's over please remember all of the things that I never got a chance to say. Like you look smashing in your fourth grade picture in house that looks so beautiful in our little home". I'm a total suck. He's on Barsuk - the same label that Death Cab started out on and Chris Walla produced one of his albums for sure. He has all the pieces to be big but he hasn't broken even the surface. Which i'm totally OK with because HE'S PLAYING THE DRAKE. Last time round which was nearly three years ago he played the El Mocambo. Regretfully, I had to give up my tickets to play on my school baseball team.

I'm quite excited for this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment