Saturday, September 4, 2010

The coldest day of September

I know this is old news, but the Black Keys album is my favourite album of the year! It's filled with delicious hooks and powerhouse vocals - both compliments of Dan Auerbach.

Beyond that, I really felt inspired by Camera Obscura today. I thought to myself, if my life was followed by Camera Obscura playing in the background, I would be five times as happy as I normally am. If only...

Yesterday, I went to a hip coffee shop and felt really at ease when the shop played the Beach House album one and a half times through. It's always so refreshing when you hear an album from start to finish, whether you are skipping quickly through songs. There's something about the order, predictability or comfort in knowledge of what's up next.

I guess that's all in music today. I have been seriously listening to Neutral Milk Hotel's 'In the Aeroplane Over the Sea' a bunch. Reading the 33 1/3 book has really given me some great insite to a band that I knew very little about. Definitely a read worthy book.

I've currently got my teeth sunk into the 33 1/3 book on 'The Last Waltz'. That's a headcase of a book, I feel as though i'm reading Pamela Debarres' revealing memoirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment