Sunday, July 26, 2009

Jenn Grant at Harbourfront; Friday July 24, 2009

Jenn Grant at Harbourfront; Friday July 24, 2009.

Jenn Grant is sweet. She oozes it in her live shows. I really love the way she carries herself. It's like she welcomed everyone in the audience into her living room and was playing a few tunes for them. She has warmth and sincerity that few people have in their live gigs.

As usual she played most of her material from her latest record 'Echoes'. She has two records out and I've only really dipped into 'Echoes'. But it's almost certian she'll play "Dreamer" from her first album 'Orchestra for the Moon'. I remember the second time I saw her play was at the Reverb and she said she keeps trying to retire "Dreamer". I have never seen her and have her not play it.

This particular time was not outstanding, as with each time I see her I feel as though it's becoming more of a part of me - I know what's going to happen. I really enjoyed the full band set up. It really sounds lovely when she has a couple of string players and a band set up. It's the oomph she needs to spice up her act. I remember the first time i saw her was probably two years ago at the El Mocambo opening for the Veils. My biggest thought on her was that she'd never do well playing with just a violinist and a drummer - and here we are full band in tow.

I also realised that I have never paid to see Jenn Grant, I've always managed to get in for free!! How about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment