Sunday, October 25, 2009

Atlas Sound at Lee's Palace; Saturday October 24, 2009

Atlas Sound at Lee's Palace; Saturday October 24, 2009

I forgot how much I didn't enjoy seeing Atlas Sound. The project has a Bradford Cox gleam to it but it severely lacks the energy and intriuge that Deerhunter fosters. Cox came off last night as a complete asshole. I saw Deerhunter at the beginning of the year, and Atlas Sound almost a year ago and I suppose my big love for Deerhunter wiped out my bad memories of the last Atlas Sound show.

The best tune off the new album is "Shelia"... An easy tune. He didn't play "Bite Marks" my favourite older tune. I would like to think Cox was having an off day, but the better part of me thinks this project is lacking the clarity and sound that the Deerhunter albums have. Cox to me is still a genius and i'll see him again with Deerhunter, any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment