Saturday, October 24, 2009

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros is the lead singer of IMA Robot with ten other people. Their tunes are fun and upbeat. I first heard them when I dipped into Soundscapes looking for something different. I wasn't blown away at the time, but I heard the tune "Home" on the most recent episode of Gossip Girl and I had to find out who did the song. I'm not sure if it was teh show that took me first or the song in the show but it stuck.

They're coming to the El Mocambo.... A venue I regard as the icebreaker digs. Each band that starts of small plays there first and then dips into other larger facilities. It's sort of sad to see the progression. I think it's one of my favourite venues to see bands that haven't quite broke surface yet. As much as I like sharing music, somethings are best left secrets...

No comments:

Post a Comment