Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mogwai

I heard Mogwai for the first time early, early this year on a Matador's celebration compilation for being in business for twenty years. The tune was "Hunted by a Freak" from the album Happy Songs for Happy People.

The song that made me realise how amazing they really are is the tune "Rage:Man" off of EP+6. It was released earlier this year I believe.

It's odd just how much they sound like Explosions in the Sky, yet Explosions have never been pitted for c0pying them. They've sort of made it on their own separately.

I'm not sure how I feel about the genre "Post-Rock" or post any thing for that matter. I don't see how this is any more progressive than regular rock. Post-rock just tends to not have vocals...

Nevertheless, my point being that I'm warming up to Mogwai and it fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment