Thursday, June 30, 2011

Canada Post, Bon Iver and this month in magazines

Can I say how lucky we are to have a functioning Postal Service? (So important I felt the need to capitalise)

Hooray for Canada Post to be back in action. I was greeted on my way to work by a large package - the new Bon Iver album. I was a little late for work, so I grabbed it and opened it on the drive to work.

It has really taken all of me not to buy this album even though I had purchased it already through the Jagjaguar website. I only technically am a week behind all you Bon Iver addicts.

Yesterday, in sheer anticipation, I purchased the new Spin and Rolling Stone magazines. Fab covers with fab articles, these have to be some of the best music magazine issues that I've stumbled upon in a while. It's really odd to see Bon Iver on the cover of Spin. My friend Nicole was right in posting
Nicole Bakker posted to Kimberley Stemshorn

umm skinny love was on grey's tonight. prepare for him to be huge.

September 26, 2008 at 12:22am


Bon Iver, aka Bon Iver has become a serious household name. Absolutely ridiculous. I am so happy to say that I have seen Bon Iver twice at a tiny dive like Lee's Palace before seeing him at the Sound Academy.

My first real listen to Bon Iver is happening as I type. I love it to pieces already. It's so different from For Emma Forever Ago.

Review to follow this evening. I can't wait to give you my two cents.

Also, in talking about the Canada Post and how much I use our national mail service, please check out the following:


Send More Mail 
Kid Icarus

I've felt so inspired to write letters since stumbling upon these two lovely Toronto-based outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment