Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mike Mills 'Beginners' out June 17

I can't shake how lovely the film 'Beginners' is. I mailed my friend today saying this is the summer of Lovely. All things lovely.

So, I've gone on about the lovely film 'Beginners' Directed by Mike Mills (husband of Miranda July). The film stars the incredible Canadian Chirstopher Plummer, Ewan MacGregor and the very beautiful Mélanie Laurent. The film is about the revelries of life, some joyous some overbearing.

I fortuantely have the pleasure of watching this film at TIFF '10. I was surprised and warmed inside.



I'm most excited by the booming soundtrack that makes me feel equal parts classy and in love.

Soak it in -

"Stardust" – Hoagy Camichael





"Everything's Made For Love" – Gene Austin



"Bach Suite" – David Palmer, Roger Neill, Brian Reitzell

"1955" – David Palmer, Roger Neill, Brian Reitzell

"Sweet Jazz Music" – Jelly Roll Morton





"That Da Da Strain" – Mamie Smith
Note: not the version on the soundtrack, but still lovely.



"Mamanita" – Jelly Roll Morton
Note: couldn't find the original on YouTube, but this is pretty faithful.



"Moon Waltz" – David Palmer, Roger Neill, Brian Reitzell

"Veronica’s Blues" – David Palmer, Roger Neill, Brian Reitzell

"Breezin’ Along with the Breeze" – Josephine Baker



"Beginners Theme Suite" – David Palmer, Roger Neill, Brian Reitzell


"Buddy Bertrand’s Blues" – Jelly Roll Morton
Note: I think this is the same song...



No comments:

Post a Comment