Thursday, April 22, 2010

CBC and Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day!

Quite appropriately I'm writing a paper on the environmental relations between Canada and the US. To accompany my painful studies I decided to listen to the CBC Radio program Shift.

It's really nice to hear three songs in a row that I love and in conjunction with the environment:

Reduce: Eric Clapton's stripped down "Layla" live unplugged on MTV, however very plugged!
Reuse: Aimee Mann and Michael Penn's cover of "Two of Us" - I like how Michael Penn is keeping the melody! Aimee's got the perfect voice to support that.
Recycle: Feist's reivision tune "Gatekeeper (One room one hour)"

I would also like to take this opportunity to rave about Feist's album Open Season. I will admit I hated it when it first came out, but since then I have grown to love it - or at least the first five songs through and through. Hereyago:

  1. "One Evening" (Gonzales solo piano)
  2. "Inside + Out" (Apostle of Hustle unmix live at the BBC)
  3. "Mushaboom" (Mocky mix)
  4. "Gatekeeper" (One Room One Hour mix)
  5. "Lonely Lonely" (Frisbee'd mix)

No comments:

Post a Comment