Saturday, April 10, 2010

Coldplay 'Parachutes'

Coldplay's beautiful album Parachutes has been out for ten years. Released July 2000, it has had a significantly long shelf life in my collection. I initially hated the song "Yellow" with the ridiculous video that my brother insisted was absolutely amazing. At the time, I really couldn't care if Chris Martin was walking on his hands on a beach with the sky changing, it wasn't for me. At that time I loved Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys.

I think it was upon seeing Igby Goes Down in 2002, another aging film, that I fell in love with the song "Don't Panic". To this day, that song has got to be one of my top listened to tunes. Naturally, I realised how amazing "Yellow" is and how well done the video actually was.

I am really feeling the song "Sparks". It's a real shame the only way i'll be able to see this band is in a massive venue like the Skydome. Pitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment