Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happenings

In my absence from blogland, you really haven't missed much. I bought a really great compilation of soul music from the south. I'll post a few tracks when I really get around to sinking my teeth into the material. It's quality stuff though I assure!

Tomorrow, I am going to see one of my favourite Toronto bands. It's funny because I have sort of come to call the Darcys my favourite 'local' Toronto act, but I think I'm teetering towards Zeus on this one. All things considered the Darcys are quite a bit smaller than Zeus, but I couldn't help but draw the comparisions. Regardless, both bands put on tremendous shows and both are in the very near future.

Zeus is playing tomorrow night at the Horseshoe Tavern while the Darcys are playing the Silver Dollar Saturday December 18. I was really crossed between seeing the Great Lake Swimmers or Zeus tomorrow night - evidently I have made my decision. Pretty jazzed for Zeus.

I saw Bahamas last week. It was one of the loveliest gigs I have had the pleasure to see in a while. This is in large part because of the cozy Glenn Gould theatre but moreso because Afie Jurvanan is so god damn charming. Charmed completely. Will write more thoughts soon.

Christmas is a coming and I am thrilled to get on with the holiday cheer, I really do enjoy the season. That and my twenty third birthday is coming up! It's going to be grand.

I am absolutely in love with the Arcade Fire tune "Intervention." I know I am two years behind you all, but I just can't get enough of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment