Monday, December 6, 2010

On Working at a Record Store

I miss working at the Record Store. Throughout high school and a good chunk of university I had the great fortune of working at a couple of record stores.

I miss play copies of albums.
I miss seeing the newest of releases and diving on them first.
I miss talking about music day to day with people who love music as much as I do.
I miss the laid back feeling of the record store atmosphere.
I miss working for Ticketmaster.
I miss first cracks at tickets.
I miss selling movies.

I do not miss Sunrise Records and will never ever shop there again.
I do not miss selling shitty music like that really awful Canadian band with the leadsinger named Chad that I do not want affiliated with my blog.

I know I'm about three years late but I recently dove into MGMT for their song "Kids." It plays at my work once or twice a day and I loooove it. Turns out i've had their CD for a couple of years now without knowing it because it was a play copy that I didn't actually pay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment