Saturday, August 14, 2010

Buddy Holly

I've been a little MIA for the last little while because I am applying to grad school. I have also been tremendously uninspired, but throughout this dry spell I've found the time to watch the amazing show Quantum Leap. I've never been one for ANYTHING sci-fi, but this show is just so smart. I don't think I could find something more clever than this television program.

Anyways, in the first season Sam Beckett (get the reference?) leaps into a fifties scene in the south. He somewhere stumbles upon a boy named Buddy, who he eventually instructs to sing "Peggy Sue". You'll need to watch the episode, it's really clever.

My point that I'm trying to get at is that I've dug up all my Buddy Holly records for the first time in a couple of years.



The most challenging thing about attacking Buddy Holly's catalogue is that there are so many damn versions of his songs. I like the edgier ones that haven't been embellished and fine tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment