Thursday, August 5, 2010

Neil Quin of Zeus

OK, so I really try to supress my inner twelve year old, but Neil Quin of Zeus ate at my restaurant today.

I was never really attracted to this guy, so I never took great notice. Not to mention each time i've seen him live, he's worn a big tuque just to be extra Canadian. I'm not even sure if Zeus are really celebrities, as I don't have a clue as to how they've been received outside of Toronto. I'm certain they get some serious play in Canada as a whole, but i'm not so certain beyond our country's border.

All the buzz is around the fact that Quin has penned some of my very favourite Zeus tunes. Like "Heavy on Me" and the very short "Great Times by the Wayside".



I found some of his pre-Zeus earlier videos. A little rough but the shells of the Zeus tunes are there. It's funny to see what the band has done to them. It's sort of Billy Bragg rough... really rough.

"Kindergarden":





And if it wasn't, good on the guy that made me remember a band fondly.

No comments:

Post a Comment