Saturday, January 8, 2011

Benoît Piolard

Thanks Chels,

I love artistic people, Benoît Piolard is exactly that. Thomas Meluch (his given name) is only 26, which I know is kind of scary because I'm getting progressively older. But what really wows me is that he's only a few years older than me. I remember the good 'ol days when I would lust for celebs like Nick Carter who was eight years older than me. Now, more than ever people my age are doing great things.

I suppose I'm due.

Piolard is definitely not shy to cash in on his versatility as an artist. His website showcases the words:

Read
Write
See
Hear
Know
Love
Get
Travel

Clever.

I wish I could jump on his music better than I have. But some of the sounds he uses are really great, some times tranquil, sometimes eerie. This is the shit movies are made of. Explosions in the Sky are the poster children for mood enhancing, accompaniment music.

I don't think this guy'd have the same effect because he just isn't that consistent in sound. I think his 2010 released album Lasted really lacks that. But it's really hard to say not listening to the album the way it was recorded, song by song, in order and with the intended delays between tracks.

My favourite track is the title tune "Lasted" off of the album by the same name:


Which reminds a bit of Mark David Ashworth's tune "Eggs":


No comments:

Post a Comment