Sunday, January 2, 2011

Campaign Against Piracy

I frequently have a funny little conversation dealing with the ethics of downloading. It usually goes a little something like this:

Me: I really, really like to buy music. I love CDs a lot for the packaging and the artwork.

Other person: Oh, you must be totally against downloading.

Me: No, not really. I just choose not to do so because I've had really bad virus-related exeriences in the past.


So, with that being said. I have absolutely no reservations towards downloading. I've stumbled upon some really brilliant musicians from file sharing online.


With that perspective in mind, it troubles me to think about IRIS Distribution's new campaign against 'illegal' file sharing online. They're aiming at our impressionable youth with the intention of teaching them good internet practice.


I think they should save that one for the parents -


No comments:

Post a Comment