Monday, January 31, 2011

Rilo Kiley, Blake Sennett; 'Conversations with Other Women'

"Blake Sennett is so boring" is what I said about two minutes ago.

I kind of chuckled afterwards because he is one important half of the band Rilo Kiley. Jenny Lewis packs so much pop on the album The Execution of All Things, while Sennett sort of brings the life down with his lazy vocals.

Although, I have to give him serious props for his tune "Ripchord" which is one of my favourite Rilo Kiley songs (so maybe I shouldn't be ripping him so hard):


It was brilliantly used in the film Conversations With Other Women in a sex scene of all places! I thought it was so tastefully done. Such a minimal, easy song to work with.

Which brings me to the film's soundtrack itself. Very bare, but classy. It showcases four or five songs all by the First Lady of France, Carla Bruni (now Sarkozy too). It was because of this movie I found out about her music. She's absolutely wonderful:



The trailer:





No comments:

Post a Comment