Wednesday, October 13, 2010

George Harrison and Elliott Smith

This marks four hundred and one posts! And it's just a small taste of the music that trickles through my ears.

I've been loving everything George Harrison lately. This go 'round I've dipped into the live concert in memory of Harrison titled, Concert For George. It's basically a group of incredible musicians mashed together to remember the Beatle. My two favourites follow. I really love "Isn't It A Pity" because of a behind the scenes video I watched where Eric Clapton went into the George tunes he really loved.




Note the powerful ending with a hidden Beatle song.



I just love Paul's rendition of "Something," Clapton's leap into the song is absolutely wonderful too!



On a more contemporary note - I've rediscovered Elliott Smith. It's so funny because I sort of just stopped listening to him in the latter half of the summer. It wasn't even intentional, it just happened. I was running today and I had the big urge to listen to the tune "Colour Bars" for the driving feeling it has. I immediately remembered why I always loved running to 'Figure 8'. So Patrick? Are you reading this? It's all about 'Figure 8.' There is no better Elliott Smith album than 'Figure 8.'I can't seem to track down a good clip of the song so you're just going to have to buy the album!

No comments:

Post a Comment