Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The James Clark Institute and Folk Punk at the Local; Tuesday October 12, 2010

James Clark is an incredibly hardworking artist. He's far more experienced than one would believe by just looking at him. I really appreciated the thought put into an incredibly bare set with only two guitars, an electric and an acoustic. I couldn't help but think how Clark would've sound if he had just played an electric with his vocals. I tend to like the very bare sound that artists have when they play alone - Feist often plays in this style.

Both Clark and his guitarist are great musicians that have clearly played together before.

I really love revue gigs, or rather titled at this show as a shared set. You never tire from the musicians and if you feel so, you can take comfort in knowing the end is near. It's the perfect sampler of music for a rather uninterested pub crowd.

I didn't enjoy the second act too much, a solo performer under the name Folk Punk. He only served to prime me up for James Clark's sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment