Monday, October 25, 2010

Soundtracks of 'Life As We Know It' and 'Nowhere Boy'

I have a huge affinity for the sixties, a beautiful decade of classy clothing and fantastic music. I can't get enough of it.

I adore films that take me there. I couldn't help but get the feel from time piece films - 'Nowhere Boy' gave me a good authentic feel of that. The film had a rich soundtrack to boot - featuring great skiffle band tunes of the Quarrymen, Lennon's first band. I suppose to catch you up to speed, the film is about John Lennon's youth before the Beatles.

There was this great moment where his Aunt Mimi, portrayed by Kristin Scott Thomas said to him very reluctantly: "You're going to Hamburg with your new band..." She didn't even say the new band's name, it didn't need to be said, without a doubt she was referring to the Beatles.

I can't wait to sink my teeth into some brilliant Beatles/Quarrymen tunes that I have no clue about.

The other film I saw today was Life As We Know it. The musical moment that really stuck out to me was the use of the song "Creep." It however wasn't credited as a song used because both Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel's characters sang the words to the baby in the film - "I'm a creep/i'm a weirdo/ so what am I doing here, I don't belong here." It would have really hit home well with me if the actual song was played throughout the credits. Sadly, it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment