Monday, February 21, 2011

Cat Power

A great forgotten friend!

I got into Cat Power in my first year of university. A serious regret was missing her 2006 show at Lee's despite the fact she's known for being a complete social hermit when it comes to performing live. Funny she made her way into a film called My Blueberry Nights featuring not only herself, but Norah Jones and Jude Law. Interesting combo, great soundtrack!

The first album I picked up of hers was The Cover Record released in 2000. Such an odd choice to start off with. I fell in love with the tune "Naked If I Want To." Which later appeared on her brilliant cover album Jukebox as a more upbeat version with a stripped down version included on the bonus disc.

Awesome Artwork! I always thought it looked like pieces of meat, but others say clothes.

Juuuukebox! (video is titled wrong)


I know I ranted about this three years ago but Cat Power, or Chan Marshall turns thirty nine this year! What a babe! I can only hope I hold up this well -



No comments:

Post a Comment