Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Thursday 'Full Collapse' 10 year Anniversary Tour

Thank goodness I make good decisions. Thursday is playing a 10 year anniversary tour for their legendary album Full Collapse. I was in the tenth grade when I got into this band. I purchased Thirce's Artist in the Ambulance and Thursday's Full Collapse at the HMV on Yonge Street just north of Dundas. My Mom and I were going to the Elgin to see a play. I probably bough Full Collapse shortly after.

The first time I saw Thursday was at the Kool Haus, which I remember as one of my favourite shows of all time. I was in my punk stage and still willing to crunchup to the front of the venue to get a good peek. I was in my usual spot squished against a bar, arriving early and enduring a pile of screamo bands to start, Poison the Well being one of them. This show'll be no different except I will arrive and stay only for Thursday with no interest in being in the front.



I always thought my friend Sean looked like Thursday's frontman Geoff Rickly:


Uncanny!





No comments:

Post a Comment