Monday, May 9, 2011

Coachella 2011: aftermath eighteen; Jimmy Eat World

I love Jimmy Eat World. I don't care about the horrible pop-rock, emo reputation they adopted in the early '00s. Forever and ever I will really adore this band for everything they put out.

For one thing, Jimmy Eat World are incredibly consistent. Their music is absolutely flawless, whether your listening to something as early as Clarity or as recent as Invented.

This was my second time seeing them live within the last year. I have to say, I am still pretty impressed by this band. Their sound is as clean as it is recorded in the studio.

My biggest let down was the fact that they didn't play "Clarity" - a song that's been my favourite since high school. They definitely play it live, I just haven't been so lucky as to have seen them play it.

They did their usual closer bit with "The Middle" and "Sweetness." People really rose up to the occasion, excited. I stuck back but it was nice just to take it all in. I met a really cool festival-goer Dad that went with his son. He was Australian and one of the most interesting people I met the whole trip. He really made my day.

Good people are hard to find.

For good measure and hope they'll play it next time I see them:

No comments:

Post a Comment