Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tame Impala at the Phoenix; Monday May 2, 2011

I have made friends with a few Australians in the last year or so and it's so funny to hear what these two people have to say about music. They both have great music taste.

My friend Natalie is from Perth and she's completely tired of Tame Impala. She's seen them buckets of times in Perth, where both she and the band are from. To Natalie, Tame Impala are yesterday's news.

To North America, I'd say they're pretty fresh. I can't really think of a band that sounds like Tame Impala. They're just so slick. They're live show was no different, except maybe up a notch. They managed to stitch songs together seamlessly, very smooth transitions.

I appreciate the John Lennon-like vocals that lead singer Kevin Parker sports. Sounded effortlessly perfect live.

They covered "Angel" by Massive Attack:



Original:



YouTube comment:

"This song makes me want the great sex I'm not having." Bebkins 1 month ago 207 


Absolutely brilliant show, i'd see them again in a heartbeat even if Natalie crapped on it a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment