Monday, June 7, 2010

The Black Keys 'Brothers'

The new Black Keys album is as anticipated, pretty incredible. The name suggests familiarity and closeess, but the songs on the album suggest distance and longing.

The Black Keys have always been in the back of my mind, but it wasn't until the record store I use to work at played the life out of their last album 'Attack and Release.' Last year I even had the opportunity to see Dan Auerbach live which really got me.

I think I will forever favour the slower Black Keys songs. The real standout song for me off of 'Brothers' is the tune "Unknown Brother."



For good measure and your enjoyment, the song "Things Ain't Like They Used to Be" off of 'Attack and Release.' If you listen close the back up vocals in the chorus are by the lovely gem, Jessica Lea Mayfield.





No comments:

Post a Comment