Thursday, June 24, 2010

Jack Johnson

For the last two years or so, I've come to realise that Jack Johnson is something to be embarassed about liking. It all started when I was at a new friends house and his roommate made an impression of Johnson. It was loose guitar chords and floppy tropical lyrics to follow. All in good fun, I laughed along with my new friends.

In my defense, I haven't really dug into new Jack Johnson material since his release of 'In Between Dreams' in 2005. I had an amazing time at the follow-up concert, I was in the general admission bit of the Molson Ampitheatre and I felt like I was seeing him at a tiny venue, very intimate.

I was at the Silver Dollar last night to see Crazy Strings and for some good company. I got to talking to someone about guilty pleasures with someone. I declared I secretly liked Kelly Clarkson (which I do...) and he followed mine up with his appreciation for Jack Johnson.

So, in my two run-ins with Jack Johnson in my recent past - the consensus is that it's NOT okay to like Jack Johnson. Fair enough.

But for all my loyal readers... I am going to see Jack Johnson with my parents in July. I'm pretty excited to see G. Love with him at to hear "Rodeo Clowns" as it was intended to sound like.



I really like Jack Johnson - for the albums - 'Brushfire Fairytales' (2001), 'On and On' (2003) and 'In Between Dreams' (2005). But i'll probably whisper it in public if we disucss this!

The amazing "Taylor" video featuring Ben Stiller:

No comments:

Post a Comment