Sunday, June 13, 2010

How I Met Your Mother on "This Modern Love"

Just as I completely lose faith in the TV program 'How I Met Your Mother,' I get completely inspired by their brilliant season finales.

I recently just wrapped up the first season and found a lovely revision of Bloc Party's tune "This Modern Love." If you're not too concerned about the ending of the first seasons, watch this video. It's an instrumental version of the song, with very minimal vocals at the end.

It's also a completely appropriate song, given the setting, weather and the mood. Furthermore, season one wrapped up in spring of 2006. 'Silent Alarm' was released in 2005, probably when this song started to gain some momentum.

Here's the original version.

Here's a stripped down acoustic version.

La Blogotheque's street version.

And for some reasons, I can't stop thinking about this Jenn Grant song. You can probably guess why.


I'm also about two papers from finishing my undergrad, and all I can think of is getting to the next episode of How I Met Your Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment