Tuesday, March 8, 2011

'It's Kind of a Funny Story'

I wrote about the soundtrack for the film 'It's Kind of a Funny Story' here a while back when the film premiered at the Toronto Film Festival last fall.

It wasn't until tonight that I actually saw the film. My mom has the excessive habit of buying bootleg versions of films. Although I don't ethically agree with how she's buying them, in bulk and with no consideration, I completely love diving into her extensive library of movies.

The film was a little off, I didn't love it but it was kind of fun to watch (har har har). I really enjoyed the energetic songs throughout. The credits note music by Broken Social Scene, but I'd say the film's tunes are all over. I really loved that they used the tune "Blood" by the Middle East and "Major Label Debut" by Broken Social Scene (the fast version!!).


No comments:

Post a Comment