Thursday, July 29, 2010

Badfinger

I first heard this band on one of my Dad's crazy hunts for a band's entire discography on CD.

I managed myself to get copies of 'No Dice' and 'Straight Up'.

They're definitely one of those bands that you probably don't know off hand by name, but would know a tune if you heard one. They're often pitted as a Beatles rip off band - even though they hail from Wales, rather than Liverpool. Additionally, McCartney produced some of their work. So I suppose that overlapping is acceptable in this case.

Even though the band wasn't that incredible. I can give them credit for solid hits, great '70s hair and fabulous album artwork.

I am really impressed by anyone my age who knows this band.

Reasons why I love Badfinger:

"No Matter What" -



"Baby Blue" - a song I completely forgot for about three years until now

"Come and Get It" (Badfinger, this version is much better!):



"Come and Get It" (Paul McCartney, who composed the song):



"I Can't Live" is a classic for that longing chorus:







No comments:

Post a Comment