Monday, July 26, 2010

On Reviving 'Rubber Factory'

So,about three posts late, I would just like to acknowledge that this here is my three hundred and third post! Pretty crazy. Thanks for letting me induldge in my digital music diary.

Mush aside.

I am getting more and more excited for the Black Keys gig next week. I remember the first time I 'got into' the Black Keys, I was only seventeen. I bought 'Rubber Factory' to impress a guy I was dating at the time. They were one of those bands that I knew the name from working at a record store, but had no idea what they sounded like. I survived the next three or so years just calling them blues rock, I was far too into 'punk' music at the time to give a hoot about a quality band like the Black Keys. Flash forward five or six years and here I am. I am in love with the Black Keys.

This'll be the second time i've seen Dan Auerbach in the flesh, but the first time i've seen the Black Keys. It's going to be pretty epic, I can feel it.

So, in my backwards quest of discovering the Black Keys - I have recently pulled out 'Rubber Factory,' an album that has been in my collection for five or six years to listen to.

Here's my favourite track for now:

No comments:

Post a Comment