Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saves the Day (Chris Conley) Interview

So, I made a comment earlier about Saves the Day releasing albums after 2003. It's sort of interesting because by 2003, there were only two original members of the band. Many critics have labeled current Saves the Day as the "Chris Conley Show". Perhaps by him keeping the band name, it preserves him as a musician.

Saves the Day died in 2003 to me.

Chris Conley's response:

"Well I don’t see myself ever stopping, I love it so much. I’ve been the only original member of Saves the Day since 2001 when Bryan and Eben quit. I’ve been doing it for almost ten years since being the only original member. So I can’t imagine stopping. I can only pray that I’m allowed many more years of writing and touring because I love it so much." (pulled from this website)

I found this great interview between Chris and a magazine of some sort. He cites Elliott Smith's 'Figure 8' as perfection. I couldn't agree more.

No comments:

Post a Comment