Saturday, May 8, 2010

Air's "Playgroud Love"

I really want to learn to play Air's "Playground Love" on the piano - as inspired by Coeur de pirate's cover.

So after probably seven years of enjoying the song, I realised that the original Air version of "Playground Love" with vocals was sung by Thomas Mars (of Phoenix). In the liner notes of the album he was credited as Gordon Tracks. Which explains a lot!

I found a great stripped down Phoenix version of it. The video sounds and looks great.

A live version from a 2007 Toronto gig - I am completely amazed that they would play this song live!

There are at least three different versions of this tune that accompanied the Virgin Suicides soundtrack... Here's one of the instrumental ones, I only wish I could track down the one with the vibes, because it's my favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment