Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Beach House 'Teen Dream'

Beach House two years ago meant absolutely nothing to me.

Now, I have to say, they're direction into more upbeat music has won my heart. 'Teen Dream' is my favourite album of the year for the guitar work on the album. It's simple, pretty and distinct in each song.

I've sort of steadily watched more and more Beach House live videos pop up on youtube... From bad covers to poor quality videos to decent videos... To videos of Jay-Z and Beyonce watching Beach House...

Victoria Legrand's vocals are pretty spot on as well.

I hope they can win your heart over too -

"Used to Be" (in a rock)
"Zebra"
"Silver Soul" (Live at Coachella 2010)
"Silver Soul" (The ridiculous hula hoop video... Hula hooping is my hidden talent by the way!)
"Silver Soul" (This is still my favourite "Silver Soul" video, for the teaser guitar bit at 0:07!)

As you can probably tell, "Silver Soul" is my favourite tune off of the record. It's beautiful, simple and repetitive in the best way possible. It use to give me the chills, but due to my incredible song killing, it has lost its lustre. Every once in a while it surprises me though...

And I really couldn't help myself, after I stumbled upon this video of Beyonce and Jay-Z at the Beach House performance in Coachella 2010...

"Two Weeks" (featuring Victoria Legrand)

No comments:

Post a Comment