Sunday, May 16, 2010

Monica on Lhasa

Working in a record store has brought me to know the names of many artists without actually hearing them. So in a conversation with a music pal, I often will reply "I've heard of them, but have never actually heard them".

Of them, Lhasa de Sela, the "Canadian" singer-songwriter was one that came up recently due to her death on the first day of 2010. Thanks to my talented friend Monica who covered a tune by the Lhasa titled "Fool's Gold". I wish I could post her version because it's really pretty and hollow, in the best way possible. It's a real shame I didn't get into Lhasa until some time after her death because she has made some really pretty tunes!

Here's a link to the original version live less than a year before she passed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment