Thursday, May 27, 2010

Beach House's "Use to Be"

Wow! I definitely didn't listen to this video in full.

Once you arrive at the 2:32 bit starting with "even if we tried so hard..." The original version released as a 7" in 2008 was not featured on their album 'Teen Dream'. Instead they've chopped this bit out:

Even if its simple from the start
we will give the pieces of our hearts
and when there is nothing left to pretend
we will know its coming to an end
Even if we tried so hard
we will give the pieces of our hearts
It's always good to see you again
even if its come to an end
We could wait until the summer
see what happens to the other
We could stay inside all summer
see what happens to the other

Not to mention the TLC jump at the very end!

Note: I just spent the last half an hour researching where this last bit of the song came from... Frantically looking, I found it was released on a 7" from a couple of years back. One that I had actually purchased for a friend two Christmas' ago. All I can think of is how much I want it now, while before all I appreciated was the album art work!

VOILA! I've found the original version!!! -



No comments:

Post a Comment