Saturday, April 30, 2011

Coachella 2011: aftermath fifteen, Tame Impala

Before the festival I put together a list of all the artists and I had the great ambitions of looking into. Of that list, many were missed completely due to the sheer volume of artists playing the festival. Tame Impala for certain would've been skipped out completely if my good Australian mate didn't point them out very casually.

I had a brief minute to see them at the festival between seeing Cee Lo Green and Ms. Lauryn Hill. Their set embodied everything that I got from a brief listen - cohesive, nothing like I've ever heard, psychedelic rock.

The parallels of sound between lead singer Kevin Parker and John Lennon are absolutely remarkable. Just ridiculous.

I'm seeing these guys tomorrow. It's going to be really great to hear a full set of dream-like bliss.

Strong album opener:

No comments:

Post a Comment