Friday, April 8, 2011

Coachella 2011: preamble two

OK so, the stage I am at is I am formulating a hand written list so I can actually bring it to the festival.

Gosh, I'm so excited.

This is a brilliant article on the festival. A great comprehensive how-to guide to the festival. I plan to come up with something super similar for my top twenty-five (or maybe a few more than that) picks.

I have to report some of my favourites for the evening with comments included:

Mumford and Sons - "My new loves (only about a year late!)"
Listen to a spin session of "The Cave"

Foals - I've really taken to looking a band's most listened to song on Lastfm. My discoveries have been pretty fantastic.



PJ Harvey - Polly Jean  Harvey. Grit, heartfelt. I can't believe this is the first time I've really listened to her, considering I've been pricing her albums for the last five years. Apparently, her new album's pretty good. She's only making four US appearances in 2011, Coachella being one of them. She's made videos for each tune off of her new album (nod to Beach House), watch 'em here. Love the mixed media sound on the track "The Words that Marketh Murder" - so much energy.



The Strokes - "Undercover Darkness" - My you guys haven't changed a hair in the last six years. They're only playing festivals this year.



Basia Bulat revived the tune "Someday" for me a few years ago. It brought me closer to the lyrics of the tune, what great lyrics they are:



No comments:

Post a Comment