Thursday, April 21, 2011

Coachella 2011: aftermath four, The Strokes

I had no expectations walking into the Strokes set late the last night of the festival. I kept to the back of the huge crowd watching the gig, I couldn't really see much, but the music was a plenty.

I have to say, the Strokes have to be one of the finest sounding bands I saw that weekend. Given, I only really love a handful of their songs through and through, their classic cool sound was well maintained.

By the end of the day, I felt incredibly tired from all the standing and sunbathing in the long hours of the day. So by the time you get to watching the late night gigs you just collapse. This show most certainly was no exception to my stamina. I found myself alternating between sitting down and standing up dancing.

"Someday" was the first Strokes tune that brought me up to dance. I remember turning around mid-song and finding everyone around me dancing like a '60s surf film. It felt so exaggerated, but so comfortable. I loved every minute of their set for this reason.

"Working so I won't have to try so hard, tables they turn sometimes"





And closer to the end of their set:


No comments:

Post a Comment