Sunday, April 3, 2011

Zoe Kazan

I am so in love with Zoe Kazan, yet another blue eyed and fair skinned woman with the name Zoe.  She keeps sprouting up in films that I have been seeing or wanting to see lately. She's the type of person that plays a supporting role or extremely minor role, but can really stand out.

She's the granddaughter of the brilliant Director Elias Kazan - I don't think it gets much better than that. She seems like a real down to earth person with bucket loads of talent. She picks pretty ballsy characters to play, without completely losing touch with the vitality of youth.

I found a really great interview of hers a few years back, she talks about her role in the Sam Mendes film Revolutionary Road and her boyfriend Paul Dano (Little Miss Sunshine, There Will Be Blood)


“My parents’ only advice when I started dating was, ‘Never date an actor.’ So when I met Paul, I was like, ‘Oh fuck, I didn’t want to meet you!’”

This reminded Ms. Kazan of one of the few times that her grandfather acknowledged her planning to be an actress and gave her some advice. He was visiting her at Yale and met a boy she was dating—a grad student studying poetry.

“Oh, he’s a poet,” Mr. Kazan said to his granddaughter. “He’s not going to be able to support you if you plan to be an actor.”


She's also in Josh Radnor's new film which I'm excited to see this week, it's playing at the Carlton if you have the time to see it:

2 comments:

  1. I love Zoe Kazan too! I saw her in Bored to Death. She seems interesting and intelligent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT TO SEE THAT SHOW. You see! She is in soo many amazing things!

    ReplyDelete